A Message from Chad Nash
We are living in times of angst and uncertainty. I am praying hard for everyone’s well being and that a solution to this crisis can be found and implemented rather quickly. In full transparency, as a real estate professional, I am confronted with a moral dilemma: How/do we continue our real estate operations, given that so much of what we do is predicated on our social relationships with others? How do we serve our clients, while also protecting humanity? These are not decisions that are made lightly.
We know that there are a few essentials within our society that keep us moving, one of them being shelter and having a place to live. To that end, we are keeping our commitment to servicing our clients who have real estate aspirations, while providing a safe and mindful experience at the highest level possible. On a macro-level, we are readily available to chat with you about the ever-changing dynamics of our market, particularly in the face of uncertainty with COVID-19. Let’s set up a time to chat if you have direct questions, or look out for our “Doctor’s Digest”, emailed out routinely in an effort to keep our friends, families, and clients abreast about the real estate market.
From a practical standpoint, we realize that the real estate market has not/will not stop. The industry is shifting, and we are too in an effort to keep our clients safe while at the same time accomplishing their real estate goals and aspirations. Read below on the steps we are taking as a team to interact with our clients and get you across the finish line:
New Clients: We are honored and will continue to work with all new clients who have short term or long term real estate aspirations. In an effort to comply with local and state directives, we will practice social distancing as much as possible, as follows:
- BUYERS: All initial buyer and seller consultations will be held either via phone or video chat. Our agents will provide the communication platform that works best for you
- SELLERS: For new listings, our listing team will set up a time to visit your home to take initial listing evaluation photos. We will wear protective masks and gloves throughout the time in your home. This process will take no longer than 15-20 min, and we will have minimal contact with you. We will then set up a time to meet with you and your family via video chat to discuss our marketing & pricing strategies for the home.
Current Clients, Not Under Contract:
- BUYERS: Our team will provide all of our currently pre-approved buyer clients two options with regards to seeing and showing homes:
- Video Chat: Whenever possible, we will encourage the use of video calls/chats to explore homes with our clients. For practicality and efficiency, we ask that these showings be scheduled in bulk.
- In Person: Once you have narrowed down your top choice of home, it is important that you at least see and feel the home in person. We will make the necessary showing arrangements. We will ask that only key stakeholders in the home buying process attend this showing.
- NOTE: We do realize that not every home showing or situation can be compartmentalized into the two options above. We will provide home showing flexibility when possible and as needed, on a case by case basis.
- SELLERS: Our listing team will prepare your home for the market with three things in mind: 1) Safety, 2) Accessibility, and 3) Exposure.
- Safety: We will take all necessary precautions to equip your home with the appropriate safety measures, including hand sanitizer and masks (if available). We will strictly enforce the number of attendees who visit your home to only key stakeholders and decision makers in the home buying process.
- Accessibility: In addition to our standard listing photos and videos, we have invested in state of the art virtual and 3D showing platforms that will be used on ALL home listings, no matter the price point. We will encourage all potential buyers to view these platforms FIRST, and to only schedule in-person showings if they have serious interest in your home.
- Exposure: We are doubling our financial investment into social media, online, and digital platforms for advertising our listings across platforms. We will also host unique and innovative listing events, such as virtual open houses, and virtual galleries, to engage potential buyers.
- IN ESCROW: If your contract is currently in escrow (under contract), we will proceed as normal as possible and modify points of interaction as needed.
- Video Chats: All of our interactions will take place via phone or, preferably, video chat while you are under contract.
- Earnest Money: We will instruct buyers on how to deliver or mail earnest money on a case by case basis.
- Inspections: Buyers will communicate with the inspectors via phone or video chat AFTER the inspection has been concluded. For safety precautions, buyers will not be allowed to attend on-site inspections until further notice.
- Lending/Financing: It is our understanding that lenders will continue to work as “essential business” during this time, thus we have no fears (at this time) of any contracts being held up due to loan circumstances.
- CLOSINGS: At this time, all title companies have been deemed “essential business”. The majority of title companies will offer some sort of virtual/or limited closing document signing process. We will communicate those instructions to you directly.
Like you all, I am one individual situated in a cloud of uncertainty, doing the best that we can. My pledge is to remain your friend first and, for those who need it, your real estate advisor second. Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions/or concerns that you might have.
Chad Nash, Ph.D.
Owner & CEO